Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excluding one of my dimensions in bar chart

I don't want to include the dimension "Z" in my bar chart. How do I exclude this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
spring101
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Lauren,

Couple of options I can think of. The first would be to create a calculated dimension in place of your normal dimension that looks like:

=IF(YOURDIMENSION='Z-',Null(),YOURDIMENSION)

The other, more friendly option would be to write the same as a separate field in your load script.

Thanks!

Tom

View solution in original post

6 Replies
spring101
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Lauren,

Couple of options I can think of. The first would be to create a calculated dimension in place of your normal dimension that looks like:

=IF(YOURDIMENSION='Z-',Null(),YOURDIMENSION)

The other, more friendly option would be to write the same as a separate field in your load script.

Thanks!

Tom

Not applicable
Author

Tom,

Thanks for the response. That didn't exactly work however. I should have added that this is part or a drill-down. Does that have an impact?

spring101
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Lauren,

Yes, if you have a drill down group you would want to edit this dimension in the group settings. If I'm not understanding this correctly would you mind uploading your app so I could take a look as to what could be the issue?

Thanks!

Tom

Not applicable
Author

I have 4 separate excels as my data source. All of them are not joined. They all might have a "Z" within them. If I was to write this in the script... does it matter where I place it?

Not applicable
Author

I was able to figure it out! Thank you!!

spring101
Contributor III
Contributor III

Wonderful! Have a great day!