Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access Denied. Membership of local security groups is missing. Please refer to the manual for more information.

I am getting the following error in QlikView11.20 SR 12.

"

Access Denied. Membership of local security groups is missing. Please refer to the manual for more information.

"

I've made sure that my user account is added to the QlikView administrators group and restarted the server after this. Could you please suggest what else might have been wrong or where to proceed?

Thanks,

Karan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I verified all the permissions/service accounts but no help. Finally I ended up deleting up the Qliktech folder under C:\programdata

Stop the qlikview services.

Backup and delete the Qliktech folder. (C:\programdata\qliktech)

Start the services.

This resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Abhilfe bei Windows Server 2012 R2:

QMC nicht über die App aufrufen, sonder den Link: http://localhost:4780/qmc/Default.htm im InternetExplorer eintragen, dann klappt es.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Karan

Do you have a snapshot of your issue?

beck

avinashelite

After installation a group called QlikView Administrators should have been created on your machine. If you go to start > run and type compmgmt.msc

Now in your computer management window go to Local Users and groups > groups and you should see the QlikView Administrators group double click it and click Add.. and add your currently logged in user id.

This should give you access to the console. Also, for reference the qvs reference manual should have been installed under Program Files\QlikView\Documentation folder it is a pdf file if you need some more clarification as to what to do in the management console.

Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Karan,

I had exactly the same issue minute ago   after adding user to QlikView administrators group, from my admin account i logged off my user, then in Qlikview managment console I hit refresh button and it worked refresh.png

Not applicable
Author

Already made sure that the  user is added to QLikview Administrators group.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If the same user opens the AccessPoint landing page, what user ID is displayed in the top right corner (after the Welcome text)? Is that the same as the one you entered in the QlikView Administrators groups?

Not applicable
Author

2.jpg

Not applicable
Author

hey Peter,

i cant enter into qmc.. below is the screenshot

2.jpg

Not applicable
Author

This issue occurs in Internet explorer as well.