Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

"Convert to" in Extensions has disappeared in QS 3.0?

Hi,

To facilitate self-service, Qlik Sense has so far always supported a "Convert to" functionality allowing to replace an existing object with a new one while preserving existing dimensions, measures and settings.

With Qlik Sense 3.0 this very useful functionality has disappeared from extension objects. Why?

"Convert to" with a native QS object works in QS 3.0:

example1.JPG

"Convert to" with an extension does not work in QS 3.0 (brian.booden 's Hexagonal Binning extension):

example2.JPG

Can Qlik possibly shed some light on why this has been removed, mto?

9 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Martin, thanks for your question.

I believe it is the functionality that is in the actual extension not the core product. There may have been some API changes in how functionality such as this was enabled.

Below is the D3 charts extension Qlik Branch - notice I DO have the Convert to with this extension.

Check out some other extensions and let me know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply and as always your input is greatly appreciated.

As in my original thread converting from an extension to a native Qlik Sense object works.

Converting an object to an extension object is what is not working anymore and has regressed in 3.0.

E.g. try to converting your Bar Chart back to the D3 charts extension in your example...

Not applicable

Hi,

Or in addition what you can try is to simply create brand new extension in a dev-hub using one of the templates. You won't have Convert option for it. In previous version it was there out of the box.

Cheers,
Adrian

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK - thanks for the clarity - I will have to ask the products team.

swr‌ - do you know why this conversion from native chart to extension no longer exists in 3.0?

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable

I confirm Martin's observation it is not working anymore in v3.0 

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Feel free to create a case to receive updates more seamlessly, but there is an existing bug on the issue (QLIK-61817 / "Convert to" option for extension object not present in 3.0)

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Levi -

Thank you for the update - I didn't quite understand what you mean by "Feel free to create a case to receive updates more seamlessly". What type of case?

Happy to see this has already been reported as a bug.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Apologies for the confusion. I meant you can open a support ticket where we can maintain contact about the feedback as we receive it from R&D. A side effect of this is that we will have more cases attached to the bug which ups the priority of the issue with R&D.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Agreed - rest assured we already have raised this as a bug in a separate support ticket. At the same time it's useful to post it also on the community which can save other people lots of time searching for a solution when it fact it has been confirmed as a bug of QS 3.0.