cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II

Straight table combining expressions

I have a straight table with one Dimension, Name and two expressions, # of Purchases and YTD Amount.  The result set relies on the expressions working together, meaning, I need to only see the total # of Purchases that are greater than 10 and where the YTD Amount is greater than 10,000.  How can I write the two expressions?

18 Replies
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sample.PNG

In this example, I only want to see the results for Dave Donaldson and Tom Thompson.

sunny_talwar

What is your expression for YTD Amount here?

May be like this:

Count({<Name = {"=Count([# Of Purchases]) >10 and Expression for YTD Amount >10000"}>} [# Of Purchases])

Replace Expression for YTD Amount with your expression you have used for YTD Amount.

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That is part of the issue.  I don't know what the expression for YTD Amount should look like...

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Please take a look at the attached:

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The # of Charges needs to be a Sum and the expression for YTD Amount only works with the small subset of data.  There needs to be a check for the dollar amount as well as the total # of charges.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Please see the attached:

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

None of these solutions seem to fit.  Is there a way to use Calculated Dimensions to make this easier?

The issue is that I do not know what the expressions should be.  I have 3 fields.  Name, Charges, Amount.  I have multiple names with multiple charges and amounts.  I need an expression that will Sum the vales for Charges and Amounts.  I then need to filter the results for charges that are greater than 10 AND where the amounts are greater than $10,000.  I don't know if it would be easier to create a calculated dimension that does the check for the condition and suppress null values and then just do the Sum of the charges and amounts in an expression.

karthikoffi27se
Creator III
Creator III

Can you let us know the expression that you have used in the excel got YTD Amount..

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The issue is that I do not know what the expressions should be.  I have 3 fields.  Name, Charges, Amount.  I have multiple names with multiple charges and amounts.  I need an expression that will Sum the vales for Charges and Amounts.  I then need to filter the results for charges that are greater than 10 AND where the amounts are greater than $10,000.  I don't know if it would be easier to create a calculated dimension that does the check for the condition and suppress null values and then just do the Sum of the charges and amounts in an expression.