Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I update qvd file automatically as the sql database get updated weekly without physically opening dashboard and reloading?

Hi,

Currently I am using OLEDB connection to load data from sql and then using STORE to save data into a QVD file. Is there a way to  update qvd file automatically as the sql database get updated weekly without physically opening dashboard and reloading?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Mohammad.

5 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You need a separated qvw that would be reloaded several times during the day

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anjos,

I actually get the data refresh just once a week and just want the dashboard to update without physically going in and reloading.

I haven’t done this before, is it possible for you to define the whole process or through an example (that would be great).

Many Thanks,

Mohammad.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You split the process into 2 qvw.

1. Runs your SQL and generate a special filetype called QVD (search community for this, a sample generate qvd and store data
  2. Read QVD´s stored by previous step. It should be very, very fast
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mohammad!

Normally the companies use Qlikview Server to schedule the QVW reload. If you want to schedule the reload only using the Desktop version of QV, you can use a schedule program. In Windows (it's just what I know), there is the "Scheduled Tasks" program that can execute commands from a batch file in a period of time. In this case, the bat file (a text file with .bat extension) should have a command line something like this:

c:\Program Files\Qlikview\qv.exe /r YourQVApp.qvw

Hope this helps!

Marcello