Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to convert EUR instead of EUR 158 into international Currency Sign ? ( C with 2 hor line )

Hi All

How to make 158,488.24 display Euro 158,488.24 ?

Mr Ram help me with the below expression from above post , it will display Currency word on the Amount . For example 158 will display as SGD 158 if Curr = SGD :-

Curr & '  '  & Num(Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}InvoiceOrg),'###,##0.00')

May i know does it able to change it to international currency sign ?

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Paul,

You have used two USD's in pick match function. You can get the result by removing one USD. Have a look at the attachment.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable

Try this.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Paul,

Try this expression.

Pick(Match(Curr,'EUR','YEN','USD','NT'),'€','¥','$','NT$') & '  '  & Num(Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}InvoiceOrg),'###,##0.00')

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Tamil

Thank you very much for your expression  , it work fine , except that for USD currency , it does not display US$ . the rest work fine. Can you share with me why ? As i like the way you write the expression not using IF.

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Ram

Look like your expression is better. it work fine , except that it create many Other currency in chinese charater. I manage to find out it is due to my data model not well organise . Because when i using reduce data load by select only SOURCE = TDSS ,  all the chinese charater missing.

Any idea why you using chinese charater for replace other ?

Paul

Colin-Albert

To get US$ just change the pick/match command to change '$' to 'US$'

old expression

Pick(Match(Curr,'EUR','YEN','USD','NT'),'€','¥','$','NT$') & ...

change to

Pick(Match(Curr,'EUR','YEN','USD','NT'), '€','¥','US$','NT$') & ...

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Colin

I aware of the changes , when i try it still don't display. when i try to replace EUR with SGD it can display Euro currency sign. But when i replace SGD to EUR again it not work. Have  you try ?

Paul

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Paul,

You have used two USD's in pick match function. You can get the result by removing one USD. Have a look at the attachment.

Capture.PNG

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Tamil

Below expression not ok :-

Pick(Match(Curr,'EUR','YEN','USD','NT','SGD',),'€','¥','$','NT$','S$') & '  '  & Num(Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}InvoiceOrg),'###,##0.00')

Below expression from your  working fine :-

Pick(Match(Curr,'EUR','YEN','USD','NT','SGD',),'€','¥','US$','NT$','S$') & '  '  & Num(Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}InvoiceOrg),'###,##0.00')

I notice that , the different is only US currency sign $ and US$

So i copy the working expression , i change from US$ to $ :-

Pick(Match(Curr,'EUR','YEN','USD','NT','SGD',),'€','¥','$','NT$','S$') & '  '  & Num(Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}InvoiceOrg),'###,##0.00')

Above expression cannot work . when i change back $ to US$ , it work fine .

So the issue is i need to put some letter infront of the $. like US$

it take me a while to figure out , thank you very much.

Paul

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Great. Have a nice day Paul.