Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Side-by-Side Bar Chart

I need to create a bar chart that displays different counts side-by-side, and the chart needs to be dynamic. Each count has it's own title / calculation.

'CountTitle1' => CountFunction1

'CountTitle2' => CountFunction2

How can I show these side-by-side in a Qlick Sense bar chart?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlik Sense doesn't allow for bar charts without dimensions yet. So you can create a dummy dimension and then hide the axis labels and use three measures. You'll see the names of the measures in the legend which you could put on top. But if you must have labels under the bars then you'll need to use one synthetic dimension =valuelist('Active','Locked', 'New') and one measure pick(match(valuelist('Active','Locked', 'New'),'Active','Locked', 'New'), sum(IsActive), sum(IsLocked), sum(IsNew))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add measures for each count. If that doesn't do what you want then you'll have to explain in more detail what it is that you do want.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

please see the attached screen shot. add two measures and one dimension

Not applicable
Author

Hello 😃

Your example looks like this:

'Augusta' => {Sum([Sales Amount]),Sum([Sales Quantity])} // two bars

'Augusta Active' => {Sum([Sales Amount]),Sum([Sales Quantity])} // two bars

I just want this:

'Sales Amount' => Sum([Sales Amount]) // one bar

'Sales Quantity' => Sum([Sales Quantity]) // one bar

and so on... (on entire set so no group by)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you have any dimension which has one element in it in your app.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

or else share us your QVF file and let me know what dimension and what two expressions you want to add in the qvf file.

Not applicable
Author

Yes I tried this, however it does not yield correct titles on the x-axis. There is no 'dimension' since it is on the full set, the only way I have seen to mitigate the issue is to make the data static and load it like this.

SELECT 'Sales Amount' Title, Sum([Sales Amount]) Value FROM MyTable

UNION ALL

SELECT 'Sales Quantity' Title, Sum([Sales Quantity]) Value FROM MyTable

UNION ALL

Then setting the dimension to 'Title' fixes the issue, however the data won't be dynamic so it fails.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The only way to do is to have a dimension with single element in it . I could be wrong too Sorry was unable to much help

Not applicable
Author

To clear things up suppose I wanted to make a bar chart using the following SQL:

SELECT

SUM(CASE WHEN IsActive = 1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS [Active Count],

SUM(CASE WHEN IsLocked = 1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS [Locked Count],

SUM(CASE WHEN IsNew = 1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS [New Count]

FROM

Users

Suppose I want to put those three in a bar chart called User Status. There is no dimension, and if I add a fixed dimension then that will show on the x-axis instead of the above titles. I can load it in using UNION ALLs, but as described bellow that only yields static results.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if you some dimension yes that would definitely work