cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
san9c123
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error in hidden script

I'm not sure the correct way to get support for the Governance Dashboard--whether I should be asking here or opening a case with Support.

Anyway, we have QlikView 11.2 SR12 installed in three environments, Dev, QA, and Prod.  Governance Dashboard 1.1.1 is installed on each and reloaded nightly through the Publisher.

Our developers created an app based on doing a binary load of the Gov DB data and then dropping the tables they don't need.  This loaded successfully in Dev, but when we migrated to QA it failed because one or more of the tables being dropped did not exist.  I looked at the data model in each environment and it was obvious that the one in QA is missing tables.  On looking at the log in Publisher I saw that errors were being generated in the hidden script.  I had not realized this because the task always ends successfully.

We use Qlik Deployment Framework, so the GD is installed in ...\SourceDocuments\0.Administration\1.Application\2.GovernanceDashboard\profiles\default.

I'm attaching files I've seen requested on other discussions.  I can see errors in the fullscan.messages.log, but I do not know how to interpret them to fix the problem.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you, Scott

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

There are already postings to these topic, for example: Re: Governance Dashboard: Error in hidden script and it might be also an option to switch to the new release Qlik Governance Dashboard 2.0.1 now available‌ and to have a look on this group QlikView Governance Dashboard‌.

- Marcus

san9c123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your reply.  I did look through the group for relevant info, although I will do more, and I did read the topic you reference, which is how I knew which logs to look at.  But I was hoping for some help interpreting the contents of the log as the errors are beyond me.  I will also look at the new version, but I don't want to do an upgrade unless I have some reason to think it will address this problem.

cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III

Are you sure you are actually reading a file?

If you get the whole script out of the hiiden script by copy pasting it on new tabs. You can get more details in your Governance Dashboard log.

,KR Koen

san9c123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence.  I'm not aware of any way to get to the hidden script as according to other posts Qlik will not share the password.  As you can see from the log attached above, it does not contain much information.  Thank you.

cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III

The password is written in the script itself .

By setting the exclusion parameters it is possible you exclude all files and your are not reading any file.

,KR Koen