Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you find the maximum number of records?

Hi there

I want to find the maximum number of records in a dataset. What function do I use to do this?

Regards

Rajesh Bhardwaj

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you need this for info or do you want to re-use the value?

Recno() and rowno() might be what you want to use, otherwise if it is just for info purposes, when you go into the table viewer (CTRL+T), and hover over individual tables, it will give you the amount of rows for each table.

Not applicable
Author

2 ways if you are trying to save out the value of max recs in a table to re-use elsewhere.

Either on table load you add an extra field using "rowno() as NumberOfRows" as a field and do a peek-max on this field or otherwise...

If you are trying to find maximum records in table named Table1, then you can do a resident reload such as:

Table2:

Load

max(recno()) as MaximumRecords

Resident Table1;

and then use a peek to get this value in a variable, such as

LET vMaxRecs = peek('MaximumRecords', 0, 'Table2');

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, forgot to explain peek function fully.

If you use rowno() to give an incremental value of each row number, then on peek, you can use -1 as offset, as it will start at bottom of table, i.e.

if in Table1 table load you add a field such as rowno() as RowNumber,

then on peek you can do

LET vMaxRecs = peek('RowNumber', -1, 'Table1');

the -1 parameter means "start at the bottom of the given table. Using 0 (zero) means start at the top of the table.

Hope it helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In case you want to find the # of records in the document, you can go to Settings, Document Properties, Tables. and sort on '# Records' to get the max # of rows loaded.

Regards,

Dinesh.