Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Timeline in Qlik Sense?

Can anyone share a way to build a timeline in Qlik Sense? I have tried the extensions in Branch and can not get either to work... Maybe it is because I am new to Qlik Sense but this request should not be that difficult?

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ryan, could you detail how the timeline should look like?

I guess you want something different from a line chart.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the message. I was thinking something more like a gantt chart. I have a list of project description along with start and end dates. I would like to see these visually in one chart. I have tried using a horizontal bar chart but am running in to an issue with the date measure as Qlik Sense sets the zero point at 1899. This causes the projects then to not show within the chart since all the projects have start dates of 2013 or later. I can not seem to find a way to fix this issue. This led me to look at the extensions for a timeline but I have had issues with getting these to work.

Not applicable
Author

If I could find a way to change the dates to the actual dates this would work. To get this measure on the x-axis I used Max(activity_due_date)-Min(activity_start_date). Where the date fields are the dates in my data model. As you can see, for some reason Qlik Sense sets 1899 as the zero date and changes all the dates of the projects.

timeline.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you upload a small sample QVF?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I am unable to upload a sample QVF file due to data sensitivity. It would be great if there was an easy way to make a timeline chart in Sense. I really would like to use a bar chart rather than a line chart. I have been trying to do this using some examples and instructions I found for Qlikview but they are not the same and I am stuck. The major issue I have is with the dates being set to start at 1899 even when I hard code the start and end dates.