Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Better representation for monthly amount

Hi,

I need to produce a report to show as columns the monthly invoiced amounts. I think to use a table box, but it could be able to show the data respect two dimensions (f.e. product in row and time in column). I think that the representation will be Excel like.

Any suggests to me, please? Thanks

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It can be a pivot table with dimensions Product (left) and Month (top), and expression sum(InvoiceAmount)

Not applicable
Author

Hi thanks,

And do I use pivot table also to have products as row and months as columns with the year selectable?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes,

Once you have the pivot table, drag the months to the top to get a cross table.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dude,

Find the attachment.It will helpful for you.For further query let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Jai

Not applicable
Author

Hi.

Invoiced amount couldn't be the unique monthly measure for the pivot table. I think to have the product as row and the month as colums. The month must link to year selectable from a list box, so when I select f.e. 2011 I can see the Invoiced amount (and other measures) grouped by product and with the month in 2011. In the pivot table, can I put also the product description or other descriptive attribute? With the pivot table can I have a representation like this:

Jan Mar Apr Jun

Product1 3.000 1500 4.500

Product2 6.000 4.000

I want to see the product and month dimension not compressed but expanded and I would like to can add another measure, fe the Ordered Amount or the Expired Amount, etc. If for a month I don't have any values for Invoiced Amount, I don't want to see any columns or rows.

Many thanks

Not applicable
Author

Any replies for me?

Does anyone have produced a monthly report, with monthly measure on a column?

Fe:

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hello i have a similar kind of report, however instead of Month names, I have numbers from 1-12. Anyways do you have the Month Dimension table where you have the months as Jan, Feb, March if so then you can do it if not then create 12 expressions each for a month and ofcourse year can be selectable, and then names these expressions. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

ANDY