Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access wild cards (Qlik Sense)

Hi There,

I'd like to know if it is possible to use wild cards as well as literal strings within the section access of an application. I've tried the following (see the Group Astring*) where Astring is the literal followed by anything else but it doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something or is there a special regular expression? Note I have used * on its own (no literal) and that does work for everything however that is not what I require. Basically the group value is returning a concatenated list of groups and I only want specific ones.

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, GROUP, LINK
ADMIN, abc\u1, *, *
USER, abc\u1, *, *
USER, cde\u2, Astring*, Astring

Section Application;
LOAD * INLINE [
LINK, LinkName
Astring, L1
Astring2, L2
Astring3, L3
Astring4, L4
Astring4, L5
];

Thanks,

Lee

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As per my guess you cannot do that. But suggestion for your is split that column into 2.

in your Section access table:

LINK  Linknumber

Astring  *

;

your inline table will be

Section Application;

LOAD * INLINE [

LINK,  Linknumber ,LinkName

Astring,1 , L1

Astring,2, L2

Astring,3, L3

Astring,4, L4

Astring ,4, L5

];

Hope this helps. Now they will be able to join on two columns

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vinay kumar Bangari ,

Thanks for your suggestion, I think I didn't explain the issue well enough. I need to be able to split up the GROUP system field. When this comes in the value I get is a concatenated list which I don't know ahead of time what these values are or how many there are in the list. I am however interested in a specific value from the list. In my case the list contains a number of roles and I want to test for the occurrence of one of them. In the example above this role is Astring.

Thanks,

Lee