Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II

How to reduce the number of values displayed on x-axis of a chart?

Hi,

I have a line chart which uses "time" as dimension which has the value in the intervals of 15 mins (Format is hh:mm:ss). X - axis of this graph displays all the values in the "time" field which looks very clumsy in the graph. So how can i reduce this frequency of values on x - axis to display just very 4th value without changing the graph? I mean i just want to hide few values on the x - axis.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Apoorva!

Try this: in Chart Properties dialog, in Axes Tab, set the Primary (and Secondary) Labels to horizontal mode ("-" option). This will heap the time values displayed. Then uncheck the "Stagger Labels" option.

Hope it helps!

Marcello

View solution in original post

9 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share a sample app or a screen shot of what your output should be ?

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Image.PNG

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

My graph looks like the one in the attached image. What i would like to achieve is, i what my graph to look the same, but the frequency of "time" values displayed on x-axis should be reduced.

Not applicable

Hi Apoorva!

Try this: in Chart Properties dialog, in Axes Tab, set the Primary (and Secondary) Labels to horizontal mode ("-" option). This will heap the time values displayed. Then uncheck the "Stagger Labels" option.

Hope it helps!

Marcello

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Apoorva,

go to settings of your charts: tab>presentation tab and make the following selections (see attachedpicture 1.PNG)

hope that helps

beck

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Apoorva,

try Dimension

=Time(Floor(TimeField,6))

Regards,

Antonio

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Marcello,

Thanks for the reply, it worked

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Beck,

Thank you for the suggestion. But I din't wanted to use a scroll bar!

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the reply. I tried this solution, but it gives me the graph only for time, 12:00:00 AM.