Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading data via API connection

This is my API URL: http://api.bls.gov/publicAPI/v2/timeseries/data/SMS48101802000000001

I would like to know which setting I should use in teh Data Load Editor to load data.

8 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

I believe you will find your answers here:

bls.gov/developers/

Feeling Qlikngry?

How To /Missing Manual(25 articles)

Not applicable
Author

Robert,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry. I have been to that page and spoken with 2 different representatives from the BLS. I hit a brick wall with that solution; I am a registered user and I should be able to connect at least 50 times, but I received this error message on the first or second attempt.

Also, there's no sign-in on either side. There's no place in Qlik for me to put my BLS user credentials. There isn't a place on the BLS website, either, honestly. I have no idea how to access the data. When I spoke with the BLS, they said I should reach out to Qlik. When I speak with the reps from Qlik, they say I should reach out to the BLS.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

What is the message?

Dealing with API is a bit tricky.

Yes they will send you back and forwards but I had the same issue with Slack.

I

Not applicable
Author

{"status":"REQUEST_NOT_PROCESSED","responseTime":0,"message":["Request could not be serviced, as the daily threshold for total number of requests allocated to the user has been reached."],"Results":{}}

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

So I believe in this case you should go to the BLS owners  for an  answers.

Did you reach your limit?

Not applicable
Author

No- I only attempted twice. I dont understand how BLS is tracking my attempts when I have not given my credentials; I think that may be part of the issue..

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

They see your IP..

Have a word with the support.

Not applicable
Author

will do. Thanks