Not applicable

how to disable expression clicking in qlikview straight table

Hi Folks,

how to disable expression clicking in qlikview straight table

Sub2u

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You can place the transparent text box object over whatever you would like, right? If you want to cover just the header, you can place it on top of it or you can place it over the expression. As long as its transparent, you will see all the values, but selecting those values won't be possible because those are underneath the text box object

NOTE: Make sure to set the text box object on a higher layer than the chart on the layout tab

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you please explain more?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have "FailureCount" expression, now I want to disable the clicking.

If two columns having same counts, if I click on the expression. It should displayed the respective dimensions. so user got confused, to avoid the confusion. they asking me to disable the clicking selection for the column.

Sub2u

PrashantSangle

Hi,

make it read only.

You will find it chart > property >General

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

go to exp tab and chge represntaion  to link and try

rep.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, It'll impact entire chart. I am trying to do on only a particular expression.

Sub2u

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chanty,

I tried with Link, even its also able to selectable.

Sub2u

sunny_talwar

A dirty workaround would be to place a transparent text box on top of the expression/dimension so that no selection can't be made on it

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Ok, Here you have only one expression / What?

Can you post your Sample?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

HI Sunny,

Can you explain me clearly, Is it only for header or entire data for that expression.

Sub2u