cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

NEW Video Webinar - Getting Started with Qlik Sense 3.0

If you are new to Qlik Sense and have some time for education, watch this 50 min webinar to learn how to get started. In this webinar, I show you how you can get started very quickly with the Qlik Sense Cloud. First, I'll show you exactly what makes Qlik Sense the next generation data exploration and visualization software. Then I'll teach you the Qlik Sense basics, like how to: quickly load data from multiple sources, create powerful interactive visualizations using an easy drag-and-drop interface and share your work with others. It is the perfect way to make sure you get the most out of Qlik Sense, right from the start and a great primer for beginners.

Getting Started with Qlik Sense Webinar - 3.0

Enjoy

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Great introduction to the new version. I am just getting started with Qlik Sense and this update seems to make the data modelling process much more 'new' user friendly. Having no coding/SQL/data modelling background and only 5 days training on the software, I was finding it difficult to get my head around the back end creating my data model.

I have been tasked with getting this software up and running in my current company with some complex reporting requirements using a variety of data sources 'live' linking into the system. I had suggested getting some help from someone with relevant experience however I was wondering how far someone could get with the system using the new visual data modelling and at what stage would coding experience become a necessity when creating apps?

Look forward to the next session.

Thanks,

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Nicholas, thanks for the note.

Being Qlik products take the data from the source (usually in the form of the complete table or selected columns), and loads it into its indexed engine, you will rarely if ever - need to script any sort of data access. We do allow the ability to combine sources manually using JOIN syntax, but these are usually used when creating a file (known as a QVD) - which is used to speed up and facilitate the reload process of an app.

However, data augmentation and transformation etc can occur at the data model level using the Data Manager, in the Chart Objects (Using Chart Expressions), in the Master Items section of the chart (data dictionary) and also at the script level. Below are some examples when script would become necessary just to give you an idea. Please note, in regards to "live linking" - I assume you mean real-time - passing queries to the live data? - If so then we do use some script for what is known as Direct Discovery - this enables a Hybrid approach.

Main index:

HTH

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the above it has been a great help. Still working through it all. Are you going to be doing more webinars for Qlik sense 3.0? or is this the only one?

Many Thanks,

Nick

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Nicholas - yes - as the event team coordinates them they will be scheduled. I do a Standard live webinar every Thursday at 2PM EST - the content is somewhat repeated but I mix it up a bit and it provides a great opportunity to ask questions. You can sign up here: Getting started with Qlik Sense Desktop - I'll be presenting today as well.

Another Webinar you might be interested in is this one:

Qlik Sense - Tips and Tricks Webinar

Reach out anytime.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik