Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inspari_dfg
Partner - Contributor III

Intersection in set analysis

Hi,

I'm having a problem finding the right syntax for a set analysis.

What I want to do, is to show a productgroup, here it is a subscription to one of four tv packages, let's call it "Basic".

I want to see how many customer that have this tv package - that easy. The tricky part is what to do, if I would like to have how many customers that have "Basic" package in one column, and then in the next column, I would like to see how many of these customers that have this package, also have purchased an add-on product, like one specific channel, that are not present in the package "Basic".

This specific channel have a productID, and are also part of a producthierechy, eg productgroup, just like the "Basic"-package.

I have tried something like:

Sum({<Produkt_grp_2={'Basic TV Pakke'}>*<Produkt_grp_2={'Frit Valg Kanal'}>}Amount), where Basic TV Pakke is the Basic package, and "Frit Valg Kanal", is the add-on channel. But it does not work.

Any idea what to do?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
inspari_dfg
Author

It doesn't work as intended, however it let me to this, which seams to work:

count ({<CustomerID = P ({<Produkt_grp_2 = {'Basic TV Pakke'}>} CustomerID ) >*<Produkt_grp_2={'Frit Valg Kanal'} > }DISTINCT  CustomerID )

So thanks for pointing me the right way

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

How about this:

Sum({<CustomerField = p({<Produkt_grp_2 = {'Basic TV Pakke'}>} * p({<Produkt_grp_2={'Frit Valg Kanal'}>})>} Amount)

Here CustomerField is a placeholder and replace with your Customer Field.

inspari_dfg
Author

It doesn't work as intended, however it let me to this, which seams to work:

count ({<CustomerID = P ({<Produkt_grp_2 = {'Basic TV Pakke'}>} CustomerID ) >*<Produkt_grp_2={'Frit Valg Kanal'} > }DISTINCT  CustomerID )

So thanks for pointing me the right way

sunny_talwar

Count of Customer vs. Sum of Amount is the difference?

inspari_dfg
Author

Yes, but I also added the CustomerID after P ({<Produkt_grp_2 = {'Basic TV Pakke'}>}.

But it was acctually always intended that it should be count of customers. I copied the wrong expression because I just made some trial and error attemps to get it to work.