Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Update licence

Hey everyone,

We bought several new CALs. Qlikview has just sent me a new LEF file.

All I need to do is to go to Qlikview Management Console > System > License > Qlikview Server license

Copy here the new LEF and click on "Update License From Server" ??

Can you guys, confirm this ?

Will it work if I don't have access to the internet from the Qlikview server ?

Should I back up something ?

Thank you for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just copy/pasting the LEF text into the corresponding field won't be enough. You'll need to enter the license Serial Number and the Control Code as well. You should do it in sequence (Serial -> Control -> LEF) or the values may be blanked out before you're done.

The license Serial Number is the first line of your LEF text.

If you enter those fields and click "Apply license" (NOT "Update license"), the license information will be saved and the QVS will be restarted. A green OK message should appear in the area above the buttons.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It should work ...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just copy/pasting the LEF text into the corresponding field won't be enough. You'll need to enter the license Serial Number and the Control Code as well. You should do it in sequence (Serial -> Control -> LEF) or the values may be blanked out before you're done.

The license Serial Number is the first line of your LEF text.

If you enter those fields and click "Apply license" (NOT "Update license"), the license information will be saved and the QVS will be restarted. A green OK message should appear in the area above the buttons.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Peter.

What's the difference between clicking on "Apply" and "Update" ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It's not so much the first word, but the tail that makes a difference: "Update license from server". Both will use information you entered to (re)license QlikView Server. The Apply button will simply use the information you entered in all fields (including the LEF text) to license QVS, while the Update button will contact the Qlik LEF servers in Sweden and use the values you entered try to grab a LEF text. After getting a correct LEF, it will perform the same action as the Apply button.

Best,

Peter