cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use GetFieldSelections() in analysis

Hello,

Example:

Current selection using GetFieldSelections(Date, '/',1 ) i have >=1/1/2016<=7/27/2016

What would be the syntax to to get : >=1/1/2015<=7/27/2015 (same selected period minus 1 year).

I'm using datepicker in my app to make my selections. Can be various selections, for example if i choose 1 day, please show me same day last yer etc. etc. Hope it makes sens

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

oredas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm not quite sure why you are using GetFieldSelections() instead of just Date?  Using just the Date field, 1 year ago is:

=AddMonths(Date,-12)

-Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm not quite sure why you are using GetFieldSelections() instead of just Date?  Using just the Date field, 1 year ago is:

=AddMonths(Date,-12)

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for quick reply Rob,

Thing is, because it is an array (from-to)  , =AddMonths(Date,-12) only works when you select single date, unless i'm missing something . Would you be so kind to elaborate. Guess i need to set min and max?

Regards,

oredas

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the hint Rob i was able to solve it with this string:

='>=' & Date(min(addmonths(Date,-12))) & '<=' & Date(max(addmonths(Date,-12)))

Just gonna need to add if statement if no dates selected, to show full dates from start to finish (otherwise will go back 1 year)

Much appreaciated

oredas

sunny_talwar

May be like this:

If(GetSelectedCount(Date) = 0, '>=' & Date(Min(Date)) & '<=' & Date(Max(Date)), '>=' & Date(min(addmonths(Date,-12))) & '<=' & Date(max(addmonths(Date,-12))))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny for an answer,

Now i'm kinda stumped how to use this in calculation.

I created 2 variables vCalendarDateFrom for Date(min(addmonths(Date,-12)))  and vCalendarDateTo  for Date(max(addmonths(Date,-12)))) and in expression i use it like this:

sum({<fact_type = {'sales_fact'},Date={">=$(=vCalendarDateFrom)<=$(=vCalendarDateTo)"} >}sales_amount_cc)

But i'm getting nowhere, as it seems syntax is correct, but i'm getting 0.

All comments are much appreciated

oredas

sunny_talwar

How about using this:

Sum({<fact_type = {'sales_fact'}, Date={"$(=If(GetSelectedCount(Date) = 0, '>=' & Date(Min(Date)) & '<=' & Date(Max(Date)), '>=' & Date(min(addmonths(Date,-12))) & '<=' & Date(max(addmonths(Date,-12)))))"}>} sales_amount_cc)

Not applicable
Author

That is exactly what i needed

Cudos to you Sunny

oredas