Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparing YearMonth to Previous Year.

Hi,

I've created a set analysis to display the current 'selected' YearMonth (Current dimension) this is a date format YYYY/MM within the current DB field:

The analysis to calculate where sales total > 0 = COUNT({$<SALES_TOTAL={">0"}>}  SALES_TOTAL)

This will show the selected 'YearMonth' and the sales total for that specific month with sales > 0.

The YearMonth looks like " 2016/07 " which is an existing field.

I need to create an expression where the sales total >0 (as shown above) with the YEARMONTH (currently selected) - 12 months?

So, I am having problems trying to compare in a KPI last years figure.

Many thanks.

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am confused - there is no date selection in

COUNT({$<SALES_TOTAL={">0"}>}  SALES_TOTAL)

So it will include data for dates according to user selections. I think you may have copied the incorrect expression into your post.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Try this

Current month (last year)            

2015/07

Count({$<[YearMonth]={"$(=Date(AddYears(Max(YearMonth), -1), 'YYYY/MM'))"}>} SALES_TOTAL)

Last Month Sales    

2016/06

Count({$<[YearMonth]={"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(YearMonth), -1), 'YYYY/MM'))"}>} SALES_TOTAL)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sorry,

I didn't explain this too well. I already have a dimension which calculates the month today (YEARMONTH).

I need to add to the existing expression to include last years comparison.

Not applicable
Author

This doesn't seem to work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

try the following...

Selecting  dates between 12 months and present month .....

Count({$<[YearMonth]={">=$(=Date(AddYears(Max(YearMonth), -1), 'YYYY/MM')<=$(=Date(max(YearMonth),'YYYY/MM'))"},SALES_TOTAL={">0"}>} SALES_TOTAL)

sunny_talwar

How about this:

This YearMonth

Count({$<YearMonth = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max({<SALES_TOTAL={">0"}>} YearMonth)), 'YYYY/MM') & '<=' & Date(MonthEnd(Max({<SALES_TOTAL={">0"}>} YearMonth)),'YYYY/MM'))"}>} SALES_TOTAL)

LastYear's YearMonth

Count({$<YearMonth = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max({<SALES_TOTAL={">0"}>} YearMonth), -12), 'YYYY/MM') & '<=' & Date(MonthEnd(Max({<SALES_TOTAL={">0"}>} YearMonth), -12),'YYYY/MM'))"}>} SALES_TOTAL)