Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Developer Tool

Hi Friends

I hope developer will create reports using qlik sense desktop tool only.Can please let me know how users will access dynamic (Prompt select ) reports ? is there any specific tool ?

Thanks

Govind R

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thkarner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

As I wrote: If you use Qlik Sense Desktop only you need an installation on every computer and you have to copy the QVF files from the folder C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps to all machines.

In an professional environment you should go for a Qlik Sense Server license.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
thkarner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

not sure regarding your question. Let me answer with a short overview:

Qlik Sense Desktop allows analyze locally. There is no user mangement available. You have to copy the .QVF files from one desktop version to the other.

If you want to access more users and want to use data security, so that everyone can only see the data he/she is allowed to, you should use Qlik Sense Server. Each user can then analyse dynamically by themselves, only based on their data.

If you want to provide static eports periodically (e.g. in PDF, XLS, Word, ...) you should use NPrinting.

Please mark this as helpful or correct if applicable.

Regards,

Thomas

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot.My question is simple,I developed 1 reports in my local (qlik sense desktop tool).How end user will access this reports.I am new to qlik sense.

thkarner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

As I wrote: If you use Qlik Sense Desktop only you need an installation on every computer and you have to copy the QVF files from the folder C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps to all machines.

In an professional environment you should go for a Qlik Sense Server license.