Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Analytics with query

Hi there,

I want to use an select statement to analyze my data that is already loaded into Qlikview.

With other words I do not want to use the mouse and click on table entries to select them, but I want to write a statement that selects the data.

Example (it is an SAP access rights analysis)

Data is already loaded in QV.

Table 1:

RightFieldfromto
F_BKPF_BUKBUKRS10002000
F_BKPF_BUKACTVT0102
F_BKPF_BUKACTVT*
F_BKPF_BUKACTVT0105

Columns are displayed in different select boxes. But due to the fact that access rights always change, I do not want to make the selections by hand all the time but automate the selection.

So, is there a possibility to create a button, an action, a bookmark or whatever in which I can dynamically query something like:

SELECT *

FROM table1

WHERE Right = "F_BKPF_BUK"

AND Field = ACTVT

AND ((from > 3 AND to < 7) OR (from = '*'))

In the next step I want to fill a list with many rights queries and try to automate all the selections, but first things first.

Thanks a lot for your support,

Martin

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am not exactely sure if I understood what you want to achieve and why you are using QV to do this, but maybe look into

a) actions you can trigger e.g. using a button click, specifically the Selection - Select in field action

or

b) set analysis:

A Primer on Set Analysis

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Martin,

you can do one time selection to get the result equivalent to sql output and then bookmark the result. The create a trigger to apply the bookmark when it is opened or create a button to apply the bookmark as mentioned above by stefan