5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2016 6:15 PM by Alex Byrd RSS

Clone/Migrate Qlik Sense Objects

How do we copy all objects (Apps, Streams, Connectors, Rules) from one Qlik Sense server to another Qlik Sense server ?

• Re: Clone/Migrate Qlik Sense Objects
          Vladimir Komarov

You can do Backup/Restore process using the "Repository Snapshot Manager". It's command-line tool and has few issues in v.2.1, but it will do the trick.

Please check the help for details: (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.1/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-Backup-Restore-Site-…)

The documentation is not listing all required/optional commands properly, so but I've found the way to execute the process using the following command:

"d:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\RepositorySnapshotManager\RepositorySnapshotManager.exe" -backup -ver= -path="D:\QS_Backups" -supportingContentLocation="D:\QS_Backups" -u=AAAAAA\QVUSER1 -p=1234567890 -databasePassword=BBBBBBBB "d:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\RepositorySnapshotManager\RepositorySnapshotManager.exe" -backup -ver= -path="D:\QS_Backups" -supportingContentLocation="D:\QS_Backups" -u=AAAAAA\QVUSER1 -p=1234567890 -databasePassword=BBBBBBBB -certificatePassword=BBBBBBBB -f

The updated version of this tool (with new options and bug fixes) should be ready next week with v. 2.2 release.

Let me know if you will need more information.

Thanks. This is very useful. Look forward to the new version for 2.2

Alex Byrd

Hey Vlad,

I'm trying to run the RepositorySnapshotManager.exe on a QS 2.1.1 site through the command line as an Admin.

RepositorySnapshotManager.exe -backup -path=D:\qlik-sense-site-backup -supportingContentLocation=C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Backup\Additional

I'm getting the following error

'RepositorySnapshotManager.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command

I have a 2.1.1 Qlik_Sense_setup.exe file on the host server and the QS server is currently up and running.

I feel like I'm missing something easy. Any help? Do I need to download the RSM executable from somewhere? Do I need to be in a specific folder to run this or as a specific user?

Vladimir Komarov

The tool should be installed as part of QlikSense installation.

Looks like you are missing the path to the RepositorySnapshotManager executable.

I am running mine using the following:

"d:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\RepositorySnapshotManager\RepositorySnapshotManager.exe"

Please note the quotes since I do have space in "Program Files" folder name.

Hope it helps.

Alex Byrd

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I searched for the RSM.exe and found it on the server, added the filepath with quotes and re-ran and she's currently in progress. The instructions may want to make the folder path requirement a little more obvious.

Also, the example given would fail bc the version is not specified.

Example: Backing up a site with database password and supporting content (additional files)

RepositorySnapshotManager.exe -backup -path=F:\Qlik\Backups -supportingContentLocation=F:\Qlik\Additional\QVDFiles -databasePassword=dfgg45Fr800

Thanks again!