Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III

Need to calculate average

Hi All,

I have a straight table chart and in the presentation tab i have given max number as 10 values.

I have campaign and email send date as dimension and my expression is

sum([Unique Clickthroughs])/sum([Total Sends]).

Now by doing this i have got some values.

Now i needed an expression to calculate the avg of those 10 values.

Attached excel for reference and how i am calculating  the values.

Thanks

Bharat

28 Replies
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI Greg,

Can you please tell me how can i calculate using aggr function because my requirement needs that because i have filters called market and brand..

Can you please tell me how to achieve this

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This is not working when i select filters.

Attaching qvw pls check..

maheshkuttappa
Creator II
Creator II

if you do not want filters to effect calculation you can use below expression

Num(([Unique Open Rate]-Avg({1} TOTAL [Unique Open Rate]))/Avg({1}TOTAL [Unique Open Rate]),'###.###%')

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No No. I need filters to be effected the calculation.. The values should change based on the selection of filters.

sunny_talwar

This?

Capture.PNG

Expressions:

1) If(Num(Rank(TOTAL If(Sum([Unique Clickthroughs]) > 0, [Email Sent Date]), 4, 1)) <= 10, Sum([Unique Clickthroughs])/Sum([Total Sends]))

2)

If(Num(Rank(TOTAL If(Sum([Unique Clickthroughs]) > 0, [Email Sent Date]), 4, 1)) <= 10,

Avg(TOTAL Aggr(If(Num(Rank(TOTAL If(Sum([Unique Clickthroughs]) > 0, [Email Sent Date]), 4, 1)) <= 10, Sum([Unique Clickthroughs])/Sum([Total Sends])), Campaign, [Email Sent Date])))

3) =(Unique_CTR/AvgValue)-1

sunny_talwar

Or may be add these to make the formula even more robust

If(Num(Rank(TOTAL If(Sum([Unique Clickthroughs]) > 0 and Sum([Total Sends]) > 0, [Email Sent Date]), 4, 1)) <= 10, Sum([Unique Clickthroughs])/Sum([Total Sends]))

If(Num(Rank(TOTAL If(Sum([Unique Clickthroughs]) > 0 and Sum([Total Sends]) > 0, [Email Sent Date]), 4, 1)) <= 10,

Avg(TOTAL Aggr(If(Num(Rank(TOTAL If(Sum([Unique Clickthroughs]) > 0 and Sum([Total Sends]) > 0, [Email Sent Date]), 4, 1)) <= 10, Sum([Unique Clickthroughs])/Sum([Total Sends])), Campaign, [Email Sent Date])))

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Awesome Sunny. Exactly What i needed.. I don't know for me why this is this much complex and for you its matter of secs.

Now the only thing i need  is 

for this expression if the value is less than 10(Unique_CTR/AvgValue)-1 percent means  i need do display redimage 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_r.png' and more than 10 percent means green and in between means yellow.

Can you please help me how can i achieve this..

sunny_talwar

What comes in between less than 10 and more than 10? Yellow = 10%

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

If the percentage vale is less than -10 percent means red indicator, if the value is +10 means green in between -10  and +10 is yellow.. Sorry i forget to mention -10

sunny_talwar

I changed the conditons slightly, but can you modify them based on your requirement.

< 0, Red

< 10%, Yellow

> 10%, Red

If(Num(Rank(TOTAL If(Sum([Unique Clickthroughs]) > 0 and Sum([Total Sends]) > 0, [Email Sent Date]), 4, 1)) <= 10,

If(Change <= 0, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_r.png',

If(Change <= 0.10, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_y.png', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_g.png')))

Capture.PNG