Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How publishing a QV document as a web document

Hi,

I never have published a QV document as a web document. I have QV 10 and I have installed the QV web server.

Any helps, please. Thanks

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Have you checked out the free training in the getting started section?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

To push a document out through your web server you simply need to place it into the folder that the server is watching and ensure that the users that need to see the document have Active Directory permissions to the file, and have licences set up in the server config.

Can your users get to the Access Point web page? This will be at http://yourservername/qlikview/

Out of the box there will be some demo documents shown there.

The watched folder in QlikView is by default buried in the C: drive somewhere, but I always move this. Create a document repository folder on the server. Go into the QlikView Enterprise Mangement Console on the server and find the server settings. You will need to select your server name here. You should see a Folders tab here and you can enter in your new folder as the Root folder.

Not knowing exactly how far your users are able to get, or what you have done up to this point it is hard to suggest next steps.

Please post back more details if you are still stuck.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kal,

do you refer to QV tutorial? It seems that it doesn't talk about document web publishing.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

at the moment I'm the unique user. I can access to http://myqvserver/qlikview/index.htm page.

I have copied and pasted my qv document on C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents folder on the vm with the QV Server. I can see the qv document accessing to the page above.

Thanks