Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

division with two if statement

Hi everyone,

The calculation in my pivot table is actually off.

I am trying to divide this expression, numerator: =IF(TODAY()>[Opp Exp Decision Date], ([Local Member Firm Fees]*[Opp Probability]/100)/295*0.5,[Local Member Firm Fees]*[Opp Probability]/100/295)

with denominator: =IF(((([Opp Est Eng End Date]-[Opp Est Eng Start Date])/30)=0),1,([Opp Est Eng End Date]-[Opp Est Eng Start Date])/30)

the two expressions alone generate the correct values, but not when I link them in division with this expression: =IF(TODAY()>[Opp Exp Decision Date], ([Local Member Firm Fees]*[Opp Probability]/100)/295*0.5,[Local Member Firm Fees]*[Opp Probability]/100/295)/IF(((([Opp Est Eng End Date]-[Opp Est Eng Start Date])/30)=0),1,([Opp Est Eng End Date]-[Opp Est Eng Start Date])/30)

the number is a little off. Can somebody please guide me on how to link the two with division?

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Can you share a sample app to highlight your issue?

sunny_talwar

Did you try using my Sum(Aggr(...)) logic? I feel that should work

Not applicable
Author

can you type out the whole expression for me? I tried using the sum aggr expression and I see the expression is in error.

=sum(aggr(IF(TODAY()>[Opp Exp Decision Date], ([Local Member Firm Fees]*[Opp Probability]/100)/295*0.5,[Local Member Firm Fees]*[Opp Probability]/100/295))),IF(((([Opp Est Eng End Date]-[Opp Est Eng Start Date])/30)=0),1,([Opp Est Eng End Date]-[Opp Est Eng Start Date])/30)))

sunny_talwar

Can you provide me the list of dimensions used in your pivot table?

Not applicable
Author

I would like to provide a sample excel file, where do I attach it?

sunny_talwar

I just want to know the names of the dimensions.

Not applicable
Author

dimension used for the numerator:dimension1.PNG

dimension2.PNG

these are the used dimensions. Let me know if this is what you need.

Not applicable
Author

I am trying to show Column N in Qlikview. Somebody please help!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

I added a sample file in the bottom just now.