cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Page Break in Nprinting PPt

hi ,

Can we handle chart override in Nprinting

whenever the data in chart increases first chart override the below data .I want that first chart should automatically  break and shift along with the below chart  whenever the data increases

As mention in output required image in output required2 ppt half of  the chart shifted to second page of the ppt  along with other charts

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

1. PPTX doesn't support pagination, so you may be better off using MS Word and/or Pixel Perfect
  2. In PPTX reports, you can force NPrinting to display specific ranges of rows on a specific slide. If you know the maximum number of rows which will fit on a slide and that the total number of rows will not change by more than that number between reports, then you can use this to artificially create the desired formatting. I recommend solution 1 as it's probably simpler.

Best

Aran

Not applicable
Author

hi Aran ,

Very nice suggestion

But its a  business requirement they need the data in ppt format only .So could you plz explain the how to implement 2nd option

Not applicable
Author

Here's a tutorial which explains the general technique - if add the chart multiple times and set the custom row to different ranges for each chart and put each instance of the chart on a different slide you'll get the desired result (the tutorial shows you how to apply custom rows in Excel, but it's the same technique in PPTX):

Select Top Ranks from QlikView and Use Them With Custom Excel Formulas

NB as noted above:

You must know the maximum number of rows which will fit on a slide and that the total number of rows cannot change by more than that number between reports.

Not applicable
Author

we neither can change format or fix the no. of data .. all three chart needs to be define I one slide of ppt

Not applicable
Author

Hi added a Sample report .

Please check and let me know .I  it possible to handle either by using macro

avinashelite

Hi Pallavi,

we don't have way to achieve this in PPT because PPT doesn't support pagination.

if you need to implement this pagination in 1 or 2 slides than I could suggest to try like this

* Create multiple chart object and templates with possible no of pages like 1 page slide ,2 page slide etc

then we have Conditional execution of the report in NPrinting , use the chart contains data conditions  to validate the template execution ..this way you could achieve this but it a bit tedious job you need to create multiple objects and templates ,,

Not applicable
Author

we need the report in desired as I attached with Out Put Required name

Note-I am using paging so ,I cann't use add two tables with custom rows .I need this on dynamic or automatic.

I create a report in ppt with paging fro marketing table1 with chart

Not applicable
Author

@this will not work !

avinashelite

Then you need to write a macro code to handle this , we don't have any ways in NPrinting to handle this