Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Can we assign a variable in sense for back and forward

I'd like to assign a back and forward button. Since we do not have these action buttons and the extension I could find was only for Clear all.

I also need Back and Forward. I tried with $1 as it goes back to previous selection but again I've to assign a field to that $1 then it will work. I need those 2 buttons to work with not adding any fields to it.

Same like we have in Qlikview, so is it possible? I understand that Sense has this functionality already available on top left but justa question. Can we?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

‌Have a look at https://github.com/stefanwalther/sense-navigation

Hlope this helps!

MK9885
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks!!!

This is actually a very helpful extension. Though it doesn't have BACK and FORWARD actions available. I believe I should not sweat cus Sense has already provided that option on Top Left.

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Do you mean back & forward of selections or back and forward in the sense of going to the next/previous sheet?

The later is already there, going back & forward with your selections is something I could easily implement.

Regards

Stefan

MK9885
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Stefan,

Yes. I am talking about back and forward with selection. I know we already have this option available in Sense but it would be nice if we can replicate Qlik View buttons here. As users are used to those buttons and I believe few of them would like it as it was in Qlik View.
Sheet activation was also helpful as sense doesn't have much area for all the charts so I used the sheet activating for KPI's/filters.