Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Newbie, just need pointed in the right direction

I'm trying to recreate a report we have that does the following.

We have specific certifications that are granted to a person. So some sample data might look like this.

DateCertificate Name Person's IDStatus
2016-01-01Cert 11Active
2016-01-02Cert 11Inactive
2016-01-02Cert 12Active
2016-01-03Cert 11Inactive
2016-01-03Cert 12Inactive
2016-01-03Cert 13Active

What I'm trying to create is a report that gives you unique counts for a specific certificate. So a report that looks something along the lines of this

YearMonthDayActiveInactive

I've spent probably 8-10 hours looking at videos and building simple reports so I just kind of need help getting pointed in the right direction.

Also, is there any way you can force users to choose filters before the data loads? I.e. we have more than just "cert 1" in the database, but I'd like to force them to say, hey, you have to pick one cert, and one cert only, as well as a date and time frame. Is that possible? Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Use your calendar fields as dimensions (e.g. Date field, or Year, Month, Day) and then two expressions in a straight table chart:

1)

=Count({<Status = {'Active'}>} DISTINCT PersonsIDField)

2)

=Count({<Status = {'Inactive'}>} DISTINCT PersonsIDField)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I want to note I'm mostly lost on how I get the count for active and inactives to work. I've got the date columns working.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Use your calendar fields as dimensions (e.g. Date field, or Year, Month, Day) and then two expressions in a straight table chart:

1)

=Count({<Status = {'Active'}>} DISTINCT PersonsIDField)

2)

=Count({<Status = {'Inactive'}>} DISTINCT PersonsIDField)

michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, this should be enough to get me rolling. My scenario is a tad more complicated but I think I can roll from here.

michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Also, what about being able to force a client to have to pick a filter before hand, is that possible?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The basic idea of Qlik is to load all data necessary for your analysis (considering all users that access this application) into RAM, then filter the data in RAM.

There might be some ways to query the user for a filter selection before doing a reload (non standard ways so to speak), but I wouldn't recommend going into this direction.

michael_andrews
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

That was somewhat my assumption as well. Thanks