Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Repeating column name in few files

How can I upload to Qlik my files without error at the end... ?

I have to upload 6 excel files where the same column name exist.

Files names ( in bracket - repeating column)

App - (Site)

Inc - (Site, Month)

Server - (Site)

PC - (Site)

Wan - (Site, Month)

Spend - (Site)

Can be even done?

The best way would be creating one file ,not 6... but unfortunately it is impossible.

I hope someone can help.

4 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

What exactly is it you're trying to do, they lot of things you can do with excel files to combine them.

If you could give some demo data it would help also.

Mark

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't understand your question. Does an excel have several columns with the same name? Or do you have excel files that by themselves each have unique field names, but they have some field names in common with some of the other excel files? This first cannot be handled other than renaming field names (or Qlikview will do it for you). The other can be handled by forcing the data to be concatenated into one table using the CONCATENATE directive.

MyTable:

LOAD A, B, C, D FROM excelfile1 (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

CONCATENATE (MyTable)

LOAD A, B, F, G FROM excelfile2 (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Sorry I uploaded wrong file.

Now if you see that file.. will be more clear...

In each tab there are columns 'Site', 'Region' in some of them is also 'Month'.

I would like to combain the files inside the Qlik so that when I create filters it will work for all data.

smusayev
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Barbara, 

I faced a similar issue and was able to get around but in my case they did not need to be related and was mostly data from different years that I wanted to compare.  It will also rename the columns for your tables. 

This is what worked for me.

Open your Qlik App, go to Data Manager, Click Add Data, (add you first table as you would normally do).

Then while still being in Data Manager,  Click Add Data, choose your second table.  Prior to Clicking on load and finish, there is a Profile button.  Click on Profile button and onto you should see under Recommendation, No Association button.

Select No Association button, and click Rename Fields. Then go ahead a load the data.  

You should be able to load the two table, but then again this is may not be what you are looking for.