Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Application performance very bad

Hi Experts,

We are using qlikview application which was working fine. Now we have a new customer with huge data. Performance has degraded very badly. Please provide me some suggestions to improve performance when dimension values are increased.

I have checked community posts and did all changes but there is no improvement in performance. Start schema with 10 Dimensions and Fact table.

I did not get much information on how to improve when dimension values are increased. We have 10 dimensions but only 3 dimensions are not working due to huge data.

Each of 3 dimensions is having around '235390' rows and Fact table contains '3187068'.

Please provide your valuable suggestions to improve performance. We are using Ajax UI application.

Regards,

Sai Krishna.

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sai,

I would start with using rwunderlich's Document Analyzer: Search Recipes | Qlikview Cookbook

It's free, checking qvw file using it is fast and almost always it will suggest some performance improving changes.

Additional resources:

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/perfect-your-qlikview-data-model/

Large amount of data (120 million rows) ... anyone got experience?

Performance tuning in QlikView?

Performance Tuning issues | Qlik Community

Recipe for a Memory Statistics analysis

BR,

Kuba

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kuba for providing reference, those are really helpful. We have built a application and loading qlikview object through Ajax client. Few objects are loading when accessed from Access Point but from UI it is taking lot of time to load.

Any suggestions on this?

Thank You.

Not applicable
Author

Maybe it is not the app which is problematic, but the server is just not good enough? Not enough RAM maybe?

Some information here:

QlikView Scalability Overview

Correctly sizing a QlikView Publisher server

QlikView Capacity Benchmark Whitepaper

RAM Calculation QlikView App

Qlikview server sizing

In general:

https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=RAM,%20CPU

BR,

Kuba

Not applicable
Author

I gone through all of them and made some changes. Charts are working fine from "Access Point" but am not able to access from "UI Application", getting time out error.

Can any suggest some tips to improve the performance to load from UI?

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

How much has the performance decreased?  How many users have the issue?  What version are you using?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

On an app with only 3m rows in the fact table you should not be getting bad performance unless something extreme is going on in there. Can you share the app at all? Maybe with scrambled data?

Not applicable
Author

we are testing with only one user, and it is not loading. We are using QV 11 SR9.

Not applicable
Author

The issue is not with fact table. As I mentioned other dimensions with less data is loading fine. The 3 dimensions with huge data are not loading.

I am having single chart with variable as dimension. I have drop down to select dimensions. When I select dimension with huge data chart is not loading. The chart with same dimension in loading properly from access point.

am using simple and single expression as SUM(Sales).

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rambo,

Thanks for sharing link. I increase session timeout, the chart is still not loading after waiting for 10 minutes. I am using simple expressions "SUM(Sales)" of entire data with chart dimension limit set to 6 + Others.