Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating new Dimension members based on Set Analysis Measure Value

Hi All,

I am new to Qlik Tool and Community.And I am us Qlik Sense in my Current Project. I am facing problem, to create a Dimension based on result of measure Derived from Set analysis.

Like Suppose I need Dimension like if Measure >=15, then ">15", else if Measure >=5 then ">5" else Others. So I want to group Dimension based on Measure derived from Set Analysis.

Regards

Sateesh

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

This is a way how it could be done within qlikview: Load script full variable. maybe this could be adapted anyway.

- Marcus

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You could define a calculayed dimension like this:

=Aggr(If(Sum(Measure) > 15, Dual('>15', 15),

If(Sum(Measure > 5, Dual('>5', 5),

Dual('Others', 0)))), <... underlying dimension ...>)

Where <... underlying dimension ...> is the dimension field (or fields) by which the measure should be calculated

But both calculated dimensions and nested ifs can be performance killers, so if your data set is large, you may want to implement this logic in the load script and create a new field with these values.

I used duals in the expression above so that the values will correctly sort in your chart/table.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein