Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extension Values Dissapear

Hello,

Has anybody seen the situation where values do not seem to be sticking in the extension?

I have updated an extension as I needed to add three new fields... this has not gone too smoothly but the three fields are now available and the extension still works.

Now when I add value to the field "OppWon" and click on the "fx" button the value does not go through to the Expression box. Also when I close the QV document and reopen it the OppWon field is blank, i.e. losing the value.

I would not mind but the OppOpen field which I added at the same time seems to be working without fault.

(as a note I entered sensible data into the field a few times before adding the random string for the screen shot).

Any solutions?

Thanks,

8 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Anytime you change an extension definition file you should remove your objects and recreate them

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I have already done that with no success... and also one of the new fields work and the other one does not... I assume it would be more of all or nothing?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Start from scratch.

1. Open your app
  2. Remove any extension objects
  3. Save and close
  4. Reopen
  5. Add your objects
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes these are the steps I have already taken and did not work.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Would you mind attaching the last version of your extension?

Not applicable
Author

Did you ever get this working? I had the same problem last year working on an extension. Whenever the definition.xml was updated I would have trouble with losing values. Then when putting them back in some would be fine and others would go blank.

Never found a good solution - just kept playing with entering the values in different orders, switching between web view mode and regular mode and eventually was able to get the new values to stick.

- Stan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

To be honest I have not found a good solution either. Yet after updating the XML file I have been using the general process of:

1. Open your app
  2. Remove any extension objects
  3. Reduce Data --> Purge All Data
  4. Save and close
  5. Reopen
  6. Add your objects

but it is does not work every time (so I do it twice).... cannot really work out where it is sticking and why. Sorry...

Not applicable
Author

It's good to know I'm not alone! Next time I will try out these steps - it would be nice to have something more consistent than my current method of randomly trying things until the new values stick.