Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrdunson
Creator
Creator

User Privileges / Admin Override Security questions

Hello,

I had to rebuild a PC this week...and when I got Qlikview up and running again... viewing/editing QV notebooks... on a different server...

I found an oddity...

When I check all the boxes under Sheet Properties / Security...to allow a user to do everything...like move/size objects, Copy/Clone objects, it doesn't work.  Yes, I check the Layout options in the object itself, and these boxes are checked also. 

So, I had to go to Document Properties and check "Admin Override Security" ... only then could I move an object, copy a object, etc.

1.  Why should we have to do this? Is it normal?  Should we not be able to set Sheet/object properties...without having to select the override?  Why wouldn't using the Sheet/Object Property settings work?

2.  Are there other implications/effects to consider ...if I leave  "Admin Override Security" checked?

Thanks

Jarrell

10 Replies
avinashelite

Do you have section access implemented on your file ??

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

No, not that I know of... nothing in the script

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

Here is a shot of the Opening Tab for Document Properties...

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Can you check, is there any macro is triggered?

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

No macros that I have designed or added

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Jarrel,

Can you post the sample qvw with some List box?

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

I can't really ... because it involves specific donor information... and am not sure I could reproduce it...

sorry.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

No problem. Is it possible to post without data and without script?

Just like a template..

avinashelite

Did you change the OS ?? if you might me the reason because Qlik will validate the license with the machine ID and tagged with the OS due to which you might be facing this issue?