Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop 3.0 installation failure!!

I upgraded Qlik Sense Desktop from 2.2.4 to 3.0.0. It seems everything is OK.

But when I opened the hub, it appears nothing as below:

I have tried to repair the installation, failed.

I have uninstalled the Qlik Sense Desktop and re-installed it, failed.

How shall I fix this issue? So far the only thing I can do is to roll back to 2.2.4.

Background information:

Username: Junlong Chen(There is a blank between two words, and somebody said the issues is caused by the blank. I don't know whether it's right or wrong.)

52 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Dominic,

In the windows event log the service dispatcher will provide some events when starting up Qlik Sense Desktop. Can you provide them from a failed startup?

events.png

These 9 events comes from a successful startup. I think the events can be exported. Please provide surrounding events also if they look interesting.

Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ola,

Thanks for this. Please find attached.

Dominic

Not applicable
Author

Hello Dominic,

Thank you for your help!

The event logs contains information indicating that the hub and broker services are restarting. That is interesting. Based on that we went back to look further in the logs you provided before (from 2016-08-02 in file DominicOgden_Logfiles_020816.zip). But there is one thing that we do not understand. In Sense 3.0.x the service for the hub was named "hub" where as it previously has been "hub3". In the log file "DominicOgden_Logfiles_020816\BrokerService\201608011247536920100.log" we see this:

"Found service config: hub3"

Could you provide the same logs that you did before but for the same startup as the windows events? Does the broker still say "hub3"? Did you do a clean installation of Sense 3.0.x?

Regards,

/Ola

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ola,

Here are the logfiles containing the period specified. I cannot now remember whether the install was clean, I've tried all possible way I could think of to get Qlik Sense 3.0.x working, and none have worked.

Rgds

Dominic

Not applicable
Author

Hello Dominic,

I was not clear in my request. We need the logs in the "HubService" and "BrokerService" sub-directories. These are the two services that terminates unexpectedly according to the windows event logs. Can you add them to another zip-file?

Regards,

/Ola

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ola,

Hub & Broker Service Files as requested from the same period.

Interestingly, I VPN'd into my network from home this morning, and was able to open up Qlik Sense 3.0.1 (although I couldn't open many of my apps). I then restarted my pc when I got into work, and the same problem resurfaced. Therefore, I've also attached all log files from this morning.

Rgds

Dominic

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dominic,

What happens if you start sense desktop. And via Chrome (or any other browser) tries to access the following urls while Qlik Sense Desktop is still running:

http://127.0.0.1:9070/api/hub3/apps and if that does not work try http://127.0.0.1:9071/apps

What does the log for broker-services and hub-service say?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johan,

I did as requested. I opened those URLs in Chrome and the output of one of them is below. When I tried to open them without QS running, I got an error message.

No Hub or Broker Service logs were created when doing this, so I've attached the root Qlik Sense logs and the Event Viewer logs.

Rgds

Dominic

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When closing QS it's correct that you don't see anything since its a few services inside QS that is listening to those ports.

However it is strange that you can't get into your hub since you get the correct response as you should from those ports. So all services looks ok.

It looks like there is something on your machine that interfering with the Qlik Sense Services so they can't talk to each other properly. Do you have a firewall running or a proxy that is running in the background?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johan,

Not that I can see (although I’m not an expert). The interesting thing is that there are three colleagues in my office who have installed 3.0, of which two cannot get it to work on new Dell Latitude 7250s, and one works fine with an older Dell Latitude E6430. This suggests that, although we would all have the same proxy / firewall configuration, the Qlik Sense installation may be affected by the pc build.

Rgds

Dominic