cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nishanthi_8
Creator
Creator

Line Chart - dynamic calculation of dimension without any selection

count({<[Derived Demand Status]={'Open','Coverage External','Coverage Internal','Internally Proposed'},[RR Start Date]={"<=$(=vNextMonth)"}>}[RR Sub-Request Id])

In vNextMonth ( variable used at front end ), we have the first day of the starting month i.e, if it is June then vNextMonth contains 01-07-2016

By creating a Line Chart and having Months in the dimension , the values are correct only if we select a month from the filter pane . Or otherwise the value is not popping out properly. Any solution that it should take dynamically ?

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

So vNextMonth is based on selection? Is that what you are saying?

nishanthi_8
Creator
Creator
Author

=DATE(ADDMONTHS(max([Month_Year]),1) ,'DD-MM-YYYY') this is the expression for vNextMonth

and vNextMonth is giving a correct value only if Month is selected in the chart or otherwise its giving a wrong value

sunny_talwar

What do you expect this variable to output when nothing is selected? For When June is selected, it would show 01-07/2016 (like you mentioned above). But when nothing is selected what is your Max(Month_Year)?

nishanthi_8
Creator
Creator
Author

in the expression i have given max(Month_Year) so if nothing is selected it will show for the latest.... i need a solution to make those vNextMonth to be dynamically selected is what i mean

sunny_talwar

I am trying to understand what exactly do you mean by dynamic here? May be elaborate a little on that please

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

try to add  1 ?!!!

count({ 1 <[Derived Demand Status]={'Open','Coverage External','Coverage Internal','Internally Proposed'},[RR Start Date]={"<=$(=vNextMonth)"}>}[RR Sub-Request Id])

nishanthi_8
Creator
Creator
Author

ya i have a line chart having Month_Year as dimension and that expression as measure.

In the line chart the count is displayed for every months but what the situation I am facing here is if I select the month it will show the value correctly all because in the expression for vNextMonthI I used max(Month_Year)

What my question is can't it fetch from the dimension in the chart that is, if we have June month then the expression should be like 01-07-2016. Is there any way to achieve this ?