Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why cant shared cloud users download ?

Although I can right click and export image,pdf or data from my personal cloud, I cannot do the same on the shared cloud ?

Why is this? I thought this was because of the free version I was using. Hence I upgraded to the cloud plus version and still the problem persists

Whats the point of sharing an app without the end user having a power to use it in excel which he is making or even in a CEO deck etc..

Is there something I am missing ? There is no point in sharing with the end user being able to download

PLEASE TELL ME I AM WRONG

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am waiting for an answer. It would be great if any expert could answer this ?

mtortz

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Vinol,

Let me get someone on this - kha‌ - is this by design?

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

The below link says we can download but no mention about download not being possible in shared cloud

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-cloud/Subsystems/CloudHub/Content/Printing/exporting-overview.htm

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

This is by design, shared cloud is read only.

/karl

Cloud Operations, Architect

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karl for your reply. If its see only then I dont see a lot of usecases as long as the user cannot use what one sees ?

Is there anything I am missing why it is read only by design ?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Vinol - thanks for your discussion...this is by design. Why I am not sure, I will allow Karl to follow-up.

however, I'd like to learn a bit more about the use case. Since this is Qlik Sense Cloud - the only user-based data supported at this time is file-based (.csv, delimited, excel, fixed, .etc) that the author uploads - so if the use case calls for necessary access to the source data to use in Excel, why not just send that user the Excel file to begin with and forget about using Qlik Sense Cloud?

Is it a matter of convenience in that you may not know what they intend to do, so the option is just there? OR - is it a requirement for them to export the data?

The export that is supported is only the data that is in the chart object- not all of it, so that being said - if you wanted someone to export the data to excel, it will only be limited to what is in that chart object. Unless - you create a table object will all the columns and non-aggregated data - which sort of defeats the purpose of using a data visualization solution.

Please tell me more so we can think of better ways to help.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

My point of users being able to download any information that they see is for the below reasons

• Right now the cloud based Qlik sense app does a lot of ETL and filtering and joining CSVs which users cant do if I share the individual files with them. Sharing the excel will multiple users will create confusion on metrics and how they use it.
  • For example my Qlik sense app has 10 charts and a lot of filters, there are groups who use specific filters and filter the charts and now these set of users see different numbers and now if they want to add these numbers or charts or even a top 10 pages view in their presentation or a review, they need to currently type everything they see which is not feasible
  • Also there might be some reports which users need to monitor daily and if any flags raise they need to share it with relevant users to fix it. Making them download themselves is much easier than always coming back to the creator and asking for the download.

The main ask here is only to let users download what they see. Thats it. The use cases might be large !

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the inf Vinol - I will pass this along to the cloud team.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mike !! I feels good for the Qlik team to hear us out !

Do keep us posted on any updates on the same. It would be great if you guys incorporate this in your next version of cloud 🙂 (just saying)