Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

filter straight table by input box

I have a straight table of four fileds,the structure as follows:

Area Garden [Invoice Date] [Qty IN KG]

Dooars AIB 12/DEC/2010 20.00

Dooars CHA 13/DEC/2010 30.00

Dooars AIB 14/DEC/2010 19.00

Dooars LEE 01/DEC/2010 32.00

Dooars SAN 15/DEC/2010 49.00

ASSAM AMG 01/DEC/2010 21.00

I want to filter rows of the straight table by two input boxes.Both the input boxes will work on 'Invoice Date' field.

As per my selection of date range in the input fields the stight table must be filtered.

Help plz.Thanks in advance,

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

I'm assuming you want to set two dates, let the user create the range of dates and do the chart display only those values.

If that is correct, please check this file.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer.

I have tried that sample,If I use aggregation on [Qty IN KG] with filter on [Invoice Date] its working.But I dont want to aggregate [Qty IN KG].

I just want to filter as per selected [Invoice Date range.I mean if I select [Invoice Date] range as 12/DEC/2010 to 14/DEC/2010 it will show only

rows between these date range.

I expect your quick reply,

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Since I don't know what expression are you using for [Qty IN KG], I cannot be more specific than I was above.

Since there are two variables at least (vFromDate and vToDate) you need some expression to get the data filtered. So if you create a new chart, stright table with Area, Garden, and [Invoice Date] as Dimensions, and if [Qty IN KG] is a field (not an expression so for each combination of all previous dimensions this will return only one value) the expression should look like

Only({< [Invoice Date] = {>=$(=Date(vFromDate))<=(=Date(vToDate))'} >} [Qty IN KG])

This will show only values between the dates stored in both variables.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry its not working.I have attached the application.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Try this as expression:

Only({< InvoiceDate1 = {'>=$(=Date(Variable1))<=$(=Date(Variable2))'} >} Qty)

That works for me.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much, its working.