cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olivetwist
Creator
Creator

Input box values based on selection

I have a very simple table that has 8 fields and 10 rows (Basic asset table). I currently save this as a CSV file and update as needed. i am trying to create an application that will allow me to use the search box to find a record (using any field) and then display 8 input boxes that show the values for the selected record in the search box. once this record is showing, the user should be able to make changes and hit a "submit" button (macro) to update the record in the CSV file. I can handle the majority of this (I think). I am stuck on how to set up the input boxes to both show the existing record and then allow the user to change it. I assume it would be an "On Selection" trigger to set Variable based on the selected record.

Fields:

desk

ee

pc1

pc2

monitor1

monitor2

monitor3

montior4

2 Replies
bindu_apte
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Please share the sample qvw.

marcus_sommer

I would rather try to use two objects for each field - one textbox with a getfieldselections() which shows the current value and below them a empty inputbox to edit a new value and with executing the macro the variables from the inputboxes will be emptied again.

Otherwise the variables must contain the getfieldselections() and be re-created with the macro-execution. The Showing and hiding of all objects would I do per visibility-conditions over a variable which will be triggered from the (right) selection.

- Marcus