Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Disabling Connectors

Does anyone know a mechanism to disable an installed connector? Having multiple connectors installed means that the script editor takes wwwaaayyyy too long to open each time, significantly slowing down development (and very frustrating).

I have taken to uninstalling the connectors and re-installing when I need but that is far from ideal.

I have seen posts that suggest reinstalling the connectors but that does not help.

Thanks

Al.

2 Replies
fheidenstecker
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Al,

have you found a solution for this?

After moving to a new server, it has gotten really bad.

I am Using QlikView 11.2 SR 15 and Version 6.1.1 of SAP Connectors, as well as Version 13.1 of the Salesforce Connector.

I did some trial and Error, remvoing connectors from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data directory. Salesforce does some minor slowdown, appearantly the folder QvSAPConnector is causing the trouble....

Regards from Germany,

Fabian

mats_olin
Employee
Employee

If you for example remove/delete the QvSAPBAPIConnector.dll file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector the connector will diaspear from the list of available connectors in the script editor (and any existing script using this connector will fail). Removing the whole folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvBexConnector or C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPSqlConnector will repectivly remove these two connectors. This could be an alternative if you only use a certian connector. However, I'm not sure how it will affect the load time of the script editor, you'll need to test that. If it doesen't improve the load time you could just reinstall the connectors and you are back to where you begun.

/ Mats