Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No labels applicable on QVD files?

Hi there,

I was trying to apply "No Labels" on a QVD file in a LOAD script.

Hereby the script;

LOAD

A as [Customer],

B as [Adres]

FROM

[..\*qvd] (no labels, qvd);

I expected this would work in a similar way as with other filetypes (xlsx, csv, txt etc). There are various ways to get the desired result but I was wondering if want I am trying to do is even possible or am I missing something in the script?

PS: Thanks to everybody contributing on this forum, it helped me a lot learning about Qlikview, SQL etc.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A qvd is a complete representation of a QV table, including values as well as the field names and data types. You can alias the columns, but you cannot refer to the columns as A,B ... or @1, @2, ... The no labels qualifier will be ignored.

So if the QV contains 2 fields named Cus and Add, you could load with

LOAD

Cus as [Customer],

Add as [Adres]

FROM

[..\*qvd] (qvd);

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A qvd is a complete representation of a QV table, including values as well as the field names and data types. You can alias the columns, but you cannot refer to the columns as A,B ... or @1, @2, ... The no labels qualifier will be ignored.

So if the QV contains 2 fields named Cus and Add, you could load with

LOAD

Cus as [Customer],

Add as [Adres]

FROM

[..\*qvd] (qvd);

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for confirming!