Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Anyone have nPrinting 17.1 working with Qlik Sense?

We ran into an issue with not being able to preview a template or schedule a report to actually run.  I can connect to an app and build a template.  But can't go any further than that.

I know that Qlik is working on this bug.  But I was wondering if anyone actually has it working or if this is a global issue that affects everyone?

If it is an environmental issues I would love to know so that maybe I could work around it.

Also, with what I could do I found a couple of frustating things that hopefully can be changed in future releases.

1.  To build the connection you have to actually have the app ID.  Annoying to have to go look up.  Not the end of the world.  But would be nice if you could pick the app by name instead.

2.  When building the template and loading objects you have no name or description of the objects unless you gave it a Title in the actual App.  Without the title there is no way to identify the object from the list.  And there are times that you don't want to give the object a title in the actual dashboard.  So you are kind of forced to do this.

39 Replies
Not applicable

My Nprinting version is already presently 17.1.1 unfortunately.

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello there,

after installing NPrinting 17.1.2

I was finally able to send Reports with Images attached. Previewing of Excel templates also worked.

After a few trial and error approaches (restart of NPrinting Serivces etc.) sending and previewing of

PPT Reports also works.

Newsstand and Hub Distribution seems to work fine aswell.

Cheers philipp

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Philipp Kunz

Did you do anything special?

Because I've been testing this version and I still have the same problem with QlikSense reports, I can only create and preview templates reports with tables objects, because if I add an image it does not work.

Regards,

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

‌Hi Daniel,

all I did was installing the new Service release of NPrinting (17.1.2),

restarted the machine,deleted all previously existing Reports and Tasks and started from Scratch.

Adding an image to a Report which was created before the upgrade did not work.

Also be sure you have reloaded the metadata from your sense App aswell after upgrading.

Finally check wether you have definded and created the desired xlsx,pptx and word templates for your reports.

best of luck!!

philipp

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi philipp.kunz

Thanks for your quick reply. I am testing with NPrinting 17.1.2 and QlikSense 3.0.0 and no luck. I am not able to do a report template with images from QlikSense. This is the error that appears when I do a preview of a template with image. With tables objects there is no problem, only whit images. So I don't know what is wrong.

Nprinting Error.JPG

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Stephen_Jasionowski

Daniel - have you looked at the install guide, specifically page 17 to configure the internet options properly?

Qlik NPrinting 17.1.x Install Guide

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, the guide look very useful

Unfortunately still doesn't work. I did the internet options configuration which is described in the guide, also I disabled the  Enhanced Security Configuration for IE, but the problem persist..

I don't know what I am missing

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

‌HI daniel,

what a pitty!

Unortunately I have no further advise for you,

but if not already happened you should also upgrade your

Qlik Sense version to 3.0.1 .

Did you do that? Best of luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Philipp

Thanks, I Really appreciate your help.

- What Version of QlikSense are you using?

- Did you install QlikSense and NPrinting all in the same machine or in separated servers?

- The report previewing with images works very fine for you?

Regards,

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

‌Hi Daniel,

i am using Sense 3.0.1 and Nprinting 17.1.2

all installed in one Windows 2012 Server.

Regards