Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielle_v
Creator
Creator

Qlikview Mapping Example - Mapquest

Hi All,

I have recently been doing some research around adding maps into my Qlikview apps, and as part of this I have been looking at the 'Qlikview Mapping Example' in the Extension Examples.qvw file (from C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\Documents\)

However, instead of seeing a map, there is a message saying that Mapquest has now discontinued direct tile access.

As has been alluded to in other discussions, I have created an account with Mapquest so I now have a key I can use, but I'm not sure how to apply this to the maps to get them to work, or whether there is something more I need to do? At this stage I@m just looking to be able to view the maps within the Extension Examples.qvw file.

Any help greatly appreciated!

3 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Which version are you running?

This example doesn't appear in my V12 install so it could have been depreciated for that reason.

However looking at google it does look like it's been totally discontinued.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mapquest%20direct%20t...

Check out Qlik Branch and also on these forums as there are other extenions and solutions out there.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Please remember to mark this as helpful or the correct answer if I have helped you or answered your question.

danielle_v
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your help - will take a look at other options.