Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Failed to open the QVW file

Hi everyone

We have a QlikView file created in QV10. We try to open it on another server with QV 11.2 SR11 but get the following error message:

"The document... failed to load."

There is no access problem to the source data from the new server, and we have migrated many other applications from QV10 over onto the new server without any issue. It's the only application that will not work.

Do you have any idea about this issue?

Kind regards

16 Replies
avinashelite

if all the files in QV10 are not able to open then , I would suggest you to contact Qlik support because their was similar  issue with QV11.2 SR6 version ..it would be better to check with them .

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

have you tried opening a copy of the QVW in 11.2 QV Desktop then saving and thentrying again on the server?

Would be worth a go!

HTH

Andy

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Also.... if you are using the IE Plugin on the Access Point, ensure that you are using a matching version too!

Andy

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes, I've tried it many times, with and without data in the application.

The copy of the application on the local folder on the new server is not going to be opened. Besides I've tried to open the original application on the old server, but not succeed.

We have now decided to create a new version of the application from scratch in QV11.2.

Thanks for your reply

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you please post full error. So that we can get a chance to look what is inside the problem?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Ali,

from your last response it looks like you should mark this thread as ASSUMED ANSWERED, then it's closed down

Andy

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

My issue is not resolved. I created a case at QLIK support and was advised using the PRJ method to recreate the application.

https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_CaseWizardKnowledgeArticle?Id=ka5D0000000GoSmIAK

But it didn't help resolving the problem. We resolved the issue by recreating the application from scratch in QV11.2.