Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parthakk
Creator II
Creator II

'Create New App' - Not Available in QS Server 3.0

Hi Everyone,

Recently we migrated to QlikSense Server 3.0. When i open hub, i dont find an option to ceate new application, only sorting and list & grid view is available. But this was available is previous version QlikSense Server 2.2. I know it may sound silly question but i am not able to find it anywhere. Any particular option has to be enabled so that 'create new app' button is visible??

Thanks,

Partha K

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
parthakk
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Thank you every one. Its a late post but still, in security rules section there is a rule named 'CreateApp'. Within this rule under 'Basics', create option was disabled.

Regards,

Partha K

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Parth,

As I heard , there are some issues with Qlik Sense 3.0.0 , Please upgrade to Qlik Sense 3.0.1 and let me know if you still can't create any new application in MY Work .

If your question is now answered, Please flag the Correct Answer (via the big "Correct Answer" button near every post).

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Can you post a screen shot?  Do you have permission to create apps?

parthakk
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Rohit,

In one of the server having version SQ Server version 3.0, 'Create new app' option is available. But its not available in other system. Also we cannot switch to 3.0.1 directly as its production server.

Thanks,

Partha K

parthakk
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ronie,

I have root admin access, so i have permission to create apps as well.

Thanks,

Partha K

Not applicable

Hi Partha,

There are some issue with 3.0.0, If you upgrade to higher version its not a big deal, you just need to upgrade it second , for any particular user ,in the section, MY WORK, there is always an option of create new application ,secondly it could be happen only with Qlik Sense 3.0.0 or higher version when there is no internet connectivity as the browser get automatically built into the latest version and whenever you open it , it give the first hit to the network no matter it is connected to internet or not , but it must have connectivity to network , like I have posted an solution earlier where I have settled a loop back adapter which always connect your system into a virtual network. Secondly on Server , I never heard about it , If it is , in your case , Please show me a snapshot and confirm me

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The RootAdmin default security rule does not scope to the Hub:

RootAdmin.png

The other wild card that needs validation is what the Node purpose is (QMC > Nodes > Edit):

node_purpose.png

If the node purpose is set to Production then app creation will be disabled.

parthakk
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Levi,

As you suggested, i validated Node purpose and its selected as 'Both'.

Thanks,

Partha K

parthakk
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Rohit,

I have connectivity to network and everything is all fine. I am able to perform all other activities except creating new app. I had read somewhere that something has to be enabled in security rule which would display the 'Create New App' button but i am not sure which rule should i refer to. However attaching screenshot for the same.

Regards,

Partha K

Not applicable

Hi Partha,

In my understanding , your concern user doesn't have "create" rights on your concerned stream and application level that's why he or she can't create new app. Can you please check its rights for the concern stream ?

Note: In My work Section, Every User has option to create a new app. But these security rules are there for streams , apps, and objects