Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display the number of items on an histogram

Hi all,

I'm beginner on QV Sense

I've created an histogram, but only the sum of items is displayed for each bar (month).

But I would like to see also the number of item for each color, on each bar.

See the example below:

Is it possible by using settings?Histo.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance....

Pascale

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Pascale - I apologize I misunderstood your original question, I saw the word histogram in your post and thought of the class() function. I see you want the individual value numbers to be present in the colored areas of the stacked bar. My apologies.

So the correct answer is that this currently is not possible, however I will submit this as an enhancement to R&D. At the moment - only a hover over will display the value:

Have a great weekend.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Pascale - take a look at this:

Qlik Sense in 60 - The Class() Function - YouTube

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike and thanks for your prompt answer.

Unfortunatly, I did not find the solution of my problem in your video.

I'm on QlikSense, and it seems there is no way to do that easily...

I wish you a nice day and WE,

Regards,

Pascale

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Pascale - I apologize I misunderstood your original question, I saw the word histogram in your post and thought of the class() function. I see you want the individual value numbers to be present in the colored areas of the stacked bar. My apologies.

So the correct answer is that this currently is not possible, however I will submit this as an enhancement to R&D. At the moment - only a hover over will display the value:

Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Very kind of you Mike to ask for this enhancement.

The mistake was on my side: in French we call this an histogramm and not a bar chart!

Anyway, nice to chat with you!

Regards,

Pascale

Not applicable
Author

Hello everyone,

I am also interesting in that question.

Does someone know if a solution has been found to display the sum of each item and not the total sum of each stacked bar ?

Is it possible to create an expression to display each value ?

Regards,

Paloma