Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Structuring an hierachic accounts plan

Hi,

I need in QV to create an hierarchic structure data, to represent the accounts plan of a company. You think to an Invoiced measure. As a root, I could have the total invoiced of the company, but this total is composed from various voices fe invoiced due to personnel work or a sold asset. The final structure sounds like a tree structure: each node could have two or more underlying nodes and so on. I must start from a "linear" table that contains these measures on the columns. Then I must show the measures on a chart as rows and not as columns, possibly expanding total invoiced to show the components of this total invoiced and so on.

Any suggests to me, please? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Hope this example helps you understand Hierarchy and how to implement it.

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.49.52/Hierarchie.qvw]

Regards

Sravan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The goal is to create a chart to show the measures in a similar manner:

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Hope this example helps you understand Hierarchy and how to implement it.

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.49.52/Hierarchie.qvw]

Regards

Sravan

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks.

I'm not clear how to feed ReportsPath.

However, I have a SQL table with all measures saved rows by rows. These table has a primary key composed of projectid, year and month.

Do I transform my SQL table in another one? I need to put into the chart year and month as two dimensions.

Do I need to implement an hierarchic structure data or does it exist another manner to reach my goal?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think that using an hierarchy it isn't the right solution. I don't have a table with each row for each node.

I have tried to simulate the effective SQL table in this simple mode:

load * inline [
MARGIN, MarginAmount, INVOICED, InvoicedAmount, COSTS, CostsAmount
MARG, 2, INV, 3, COST, 2
MARG, 3, INV, 5, COST, 5
MARG, 1, INV, 3, COST, 5
MARG, 2, INV, 1, COST, 1
];

When I put on a pivot chart MARGIN, INVOICED and COSTS as dimensions and sum(InvoicedAmount) as an expression, I have INVOICED as the child of MARGIN dimension and COSTS as the child of INVOICED dimension, but also COSTS is a child of MARGIN.

Any helps to me, please?

Not applicable
Author

Hi.

I've solved the issue. I have loaded onto a new table to render the initial flat table a table with a kind of account type and the related amount. I have implemented a parent-child hierarchy starting from the sample qvw provided me.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hey guys,

Added the example.

regards

Sravan

PS: Got it done...