Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Licensing Requirement

Dear All,

I have the following scenario, I have a QlikView Enterprise server ..now i want documents to be exposed on my website. What are my licensing needs?

1. Do I need to buy workbench?

2. Do i need to buy session CALS?

3. Do i need to buy any additional document CALS?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

All..

We have successfully deployed Qlikview document on web without any additional licenses.. we are using QlikView Small business server.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi You need CALS

It may be NAMED CALS to open any number of QLikview Applications.

It may be Document CALS to open one Application per User

It may be Session CALS

Regards

Sravan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sravan,

Do i need Workbench?

Is it possible If i use one named CAL to access the document via web and then proxy all my users through this name CAL.. ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Have a look at this document.

Hope this may help you to understand the license in detail.

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Sridhar

The presentation was very informative but it didn't have any mention of accessing QV server via internet.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I`m not sure, i have understood your question properly (if my below answer is not relevent to you, please rephare your question)

Below are the type of licenses by which the end user could view the report by accesing QV server using Browser.

* Named User CAL
* Document CAL
* Session CAL
* Usage CAL

Above licenses, WHEN? HOW? WHERE? could be used. All these details you could find in the ppt which i have attached at my last post.

If you are still not clear. You could contact QlikTech / Local partner for more info.

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Hi when you want distributing Qliview documents via internet, it is done by Accesspoint and for that you need a Qlikview Publisher to be bought and through that you can Distribute the documents.

Regards

sravan

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi All

Inorder to embed your applicayion in your website specifically.

For this purpose you need to have workbench.

Hope that helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

All..

We have successfully deployed Qlikview document on web without any additional licenses.. we are using QlikView Small business server.

Not applicable
Author

Hello ,

If You already have a QlikView Enterprise server, you can directly assign Application to  Doc CAL and NAMED Cal avaiable with you.