Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Stack bars behind each other

Hi,

Can anyone help me to get the following chart to display the bars BEHIND each other and not on top. I would like it to display as in the selected "Look" thumbnail (the bottom picture on the Styles Tab.

Thanks,

G

6 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Let me guess (practicing telepathic connection 🙂 - you have a single Dimension and 2 Expressions, and you wanted your 2 Expressions to get arranged behind each other...

Well, it looks like you can only position multiple Dimensions like this, but not multiple expressions.

If I guessed correctly, what you can do as a work around is - create a synthetic dimension using function ValueList(), and then combined your two expressions into a single expression that's conditioned on the value of the ValueList():

IF (ValueList('M', 'F') = 'M', Expr1, Expr2)

This way, you convert your two expressions into an extra Dimension

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Oleg - Thanks so much for this one. Your telepathic connection is successfull! I need exactly the same solution.

But I can't seem to get around the syntax.

Below is the information :

Dimension Name : TransactionName which contains 2 values (Store Purchaser & Market Purchaser)

2 Expressions : Sum (Amount] and Count (Amount)

I am using the below expressions referring to your previous post...

=IF (ValueList('Store Purchaser', ' Market Purchaser') = 'Store Purchaser', Sum (Amount), Count (Amount))

But I can't seem to get this working.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in anticipation.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This expression assumes that you created a Calculated Dimension with the formula:

=ValueList('Store Purchaser', ' Market Purchaser')

Have you?

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thank you very much for quick response.

I am completely new to this concept. So please bear with me...

I am using the below code for Dimension :

=ValueList('Store Purchaser', ' Market Purchaser')

And the below code for my expression tab in chart

=IF (ValueList('Store Purchaser', ' Market Purchaser') = 'Store Purchaser', Sum (Amount), Count (Amount))

I had removed everything else... So only one dimension & one expression

Is this right?

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Oleg - Please can you take some time to look into this one?

Many thanks in advance.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes - what you described is technically correct. I fail to follow the logic - why do you want to calculate the amount and call it "Store purchase" and then count purchases and call the count "Market Purchase" ?

I'd understand something like this:

Dimensions:

1. Product Category (for example...)

2. ValueList('Amount', 'Number of Purchases')

Expression:

if (ValueList('Amount', 'Number of Purchases') = 'Amount', sum(Sales), count(Sales) )

does it make sense?