Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Upgrade nprinting 16 to 17

Hi Expert

I have a lot of work created in nprinting 16 (reports,condition,filtres,users) , if i want to upgrade to nprinting 17, what is possible to migrate?

what is the best way to do it?

Thanks a lot

Fernando

6 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Fernando - only the report templates can be imported from v16 to v17.

Import reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

kechavarmanar
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello dear friends of the community,

Effectively what he says is true . Only templates

Greetings from Colombia.

PD : Sorry for my english

KAREN ECHAVARRIA PEÑA

Anonymous
Not applicable

In typical v16 deployments most filters are at the user level and being imported  with the users from a source table in automated fashion as part of a scheduled job.   The task can be recreated for v17 to import a user listing & filters from a properly formatted excel file.   There is some setup for sure, but once done it's a one time thing to get the bulk of your users and filters into v17.   Conditions are typically smaller in number and manual conversion is doable.  

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Kyle, but if i have export user from 16 with their fiters? is possible?

or i have to import to 17 from excel and re created all the filters again, thinking about 300 user for example in this case

Anonymous
Not applicable

No export from 16.   I'm just saying a best practice with v16 was to manage your user listing in a external table be it Excel or a QVW table object which sourced it's data from a user directory service.   Once properly formatted you would automate the import process and keep user changes in sync as opposed to manually creating users and filters in Nprint.   In this scenario rebuilding for v17 is minimal work because you simply need to populate an excel table with the users and their filters which you would already have.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

i.e. Users, filters and the groups they belong to can all be included in the excel file import.